NSW P25 GRN - Site Listing (current)

matthewn1983

Re: NSW P25 GRN - Site Listing (current)

Post by matthewn1983 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:20 pm

Nothing at Gregory Hills just yet, Top Ryde or Castle Hill. Not sure about Glendenning (RFS Communnications Base?)

ross85

Post by ross85 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:43 pm

Just came across this on the nsw telco website. Interesting reading especially the part where nsw police assistant commissioner Stewart indicates nsw police will trial the grn in the north of the state after the north coast upgrade? Atleast thats how it reads to me.
http://www.telco.nsw.gov.au/sites/defau ... 2018_1.pdf
Last edited by ross85 on Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:29 pm

Nice find Ross, thanks!

But damn is that one poorly written document, they must not have even proof-read it?

The highlights (as interest me anyway) are...

...which is impressive, but I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for that to happen! Still, it shows that money has no doubt been spent planning all those sites far in advance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So there are apparently 87 sites as part of the North Coast CCEP...

...and by my rough count we have 80 already on the map, so that leaves 7 more to go (plus however many sites remain as relay-only sites), I'm guessing these may be landline-connected sites (without microwave frequency licences) which are yet to appear?

And it looks like the New England and Southern Tablelands (plus a few scattered sites) will be next in line for the CCEP with 10 new sites supposedly being constructed this year (2018) and 34 to follow...

And the only other area illustrated is the Greater Metro...

...which appears to be in the design phase and still a long way from construction, which seems strange, I would've thought Metro should take priority?

Andrew

Bigfella237

Post by Bigfella237 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:38 am

I just took their image of the North Coast CCEP and overlayed it on our map...

...and taking into account that I apparently can't count :roll: , and that they are counting 3 existing sites in their total, as far as I can see our map is only missing 1 site, that being somewhere around Innes View (NNW of Taree, or WSW of Port Macquarie).

I wonder if they just forgot to licence this site on the ACMA?

Andrew

Bigfella237

Post by Bigfella237 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:22 am

Having a quick look at the "Priority Sites" for the New England (sorry the scale is messed up as their picture was tiny once cropped)...

...and 9 of the 19 proposed sites are already on our map, some registered to the HSGA client number, which I think confirms that they do actually belong on the map.

Apart from those, looks like there are proposed sites for Ashford and Inverell in the north, another east of Armidale on Waterfall Way, 3 more on the Oxley Hwy around Walcha, 3 around Muswellbrook, and 1 down around Sunny Corner somewhere.

Andrew

Bigfella237

Post by Bigfella237 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:52 am

And the "Priority Sites" for southern NSW (again, apologies for the scale)...

...and again, quite a few of the proposed sites are already on the map.

Looks like there's a few black spots to get filled-in up in the Blue Mountains.

And five more sites are planned for the Jenolan / Wombeyan Caves & Crookwell areas.

Then further south there's Boorowa, Young, Cootamundra and Gundagai getting some love.

Two more SW of Jindabyne on the Barry Way, another one at Bombala, one between Pambula & Wyndham, and one last site down on the Vic border at Timbillica.

Andrew

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:34 am

Who would have thought that the maps in that document would have been accurate.

Great work Andrew!

Bigfella237

Post by Bigfella237 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:44 am

The Greater Metro map is a bit tricky...

They have marked a lot of existing sites for some reason, which clutters things considerably, and it overlaps some of the other areas detailed previously, but it gives some idea at least.

Looks like the Central Coast and Newcastle areas are up for a big upgrade with about 25 additional sites.

And maybe 35ish additional sites for Sydney and suburbs.

Then a few down near Port Kembla / Shellharbour, plus a handful of others.

Andrew

EDIT: I reckon if I had a map of NSWPF sites, we'd likely find that most of these infill sites are co-located, it'd be a pretty safe bet that most of these additions would be driven by the PF's objections to the current GRN coverage?

But who's complaining... what's good for them is better for everybody else who uses the GRN!

Bigfella237

Post by Bigfella237 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:38 am

Just for fun, this is the GRN CCEP Greater Metro image overlayed on the NSWPF ACMA map...

...the PF sites are the light blue dots, the CCEP are the darker (faint) dots.

Looks like they've covered most of the PF sites and then some, although I see a couple of PF sites not covered too.

Andrew

EDIT: I just noticed the NSWPF have a site out on Lord Howe Island, I wonder if that's RoIP'd to one of the current channels on the mainland?

And I wonder if that means LHI will get a GRN site?

ross85

Post by ross85 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:18 am

Good work Andrew. Yep they are obviously getting those coverage issues for nswpf sorted. A number of those new sites will fill the coverage issues nicely. Oh and fyi LHI is not linked to vkg or any channel. It's been encrypted for years. But as it's only a one man station i wouldn't have thought it would have mattered that much.